Wednesday, October 9, 2024

18 Story Engine and Wonderfalls

I'm looking at story engine here in terms of the element that drives a series, whether TV or novel. For example, in the TV show Wonderfalls, there are little animal tchotchkes that give Jaye obscure orders about how to help someone. She has to help the person to make the animals shut up and leave her alone. That engine drives the whole show.

So if I'm developing an idea for a series, what should I use as a story engine? 

I get into all sorts of series here, from procedurals to cozy mystery novels.

I think I might have solved my series idea, what with how I'm not in a sensible position to be writing a TV pilot these days. I mean. But what should I do with it? I think I've got a workable plan now.

Also working on finishing the novel draft OMG. I have a couple of issues I have to solve. It would help if I would stop cutting down trees and injuring myself. Go sit down and write your book!

Sacred cheese of life!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.